- March 2019 – Technical Report and National Survey: Self-Perceptions of Creativity & Arts Participation
- September 2019 – Investigating Artists: Domains of Creativity & Business Practices
- February 2018 – Working Paper: Literature Review in Preparation for a Nationally Representative Survey about Creativity and the Arts
- February 2020, Megan Robinson discussed her and Dr. Novak-Leonard’s working paper Investigating Artists: Domains of Creativity & Business Practices at the Eastern Sociological Society’s annual conference.
- November 2019, Dr. Jennifer Novak-Leonard and Megan Robinson discussed the Lab’s work with The Ohio State University’s Department of Arts Administration, Education, and Policy.
- September 2019, Dr. Jennifer Novak-Leonard, Gwendolyn Rugg, and Megan Robinson discussed the design, testing, and fielding of the Lab’s national survey with Vanderbilt University’s Sociology department.
- September 2019, the NEA Research Lab members hosted “Surviving to Thriving: Perceptions of Artists & Implications for Policy,” a public event, which included a presentation of initial research insights and a facilitated panel discussion with Nashville-based artists, scholars, and policymakers.
- September 2019, Joint NEA Research Lab meeting with Dr. Miriam Lense and her research team.
- June 2019, Dr. Jennifer Novak-Leonard and members of the Lab attended the All-Labs Summit at the National Endowment for the Arts Office of Research & Analysis. This event brought together all 12 NEA Research Labs along with keynote speaker Dr. Nina Kraus and other special guests.
- November 2018, Megan Robinson presented at The Alliance for the Arts in Research
Universities (A2RU) National Conference in Athens, Georgia.
- September 2018, Dr. Jennifer Novak-Leonard and Megan Robinson attended the Arts and Business Council of Greater Nashville’s Periscope Pitch event to update attendees on the Lab’s ongoing work and invite attendees to participate in the Lab’s survey.
- August 2018, Dr. Jennifer Novak-Leonard and Gwendolyn Rugg presented an update on the Lab’s progress at the Creativity Conference at Southern Oregon University.
- November 2017, Dr. Jennifer Novak-Leonard presented an update on the Lab’s ongoing research projects at The Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities (A2RU) National Conference in Boston.